Sunday, October 19, 2008

On Blogging 2

I realized that my last post could have been slightly offensive, or at least slightly vague. What I meant is that what I love about blogs is the way people write about how they worked through a complex topic. I love to read about their lives as long as it doesn't read as a daily play-by-play. I love to watch as you think through the sensory details of a food, or work through the complex relationship you have to people or places or music. I love when you include lists that I can add to or questions that make me think. Basically, I love anything that acknowledges an audience, one that includes me as well as many others. I often thought of blogging the way my youth minister used to talk about prayer: Talking into the air and wondering if anyone's listening. I guess I like to know someone's listening. And I like to know you want me to listen.

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Hooray! Lots of Sarah posts. I have nothing specific to respond to, I just wanted to say I'm glad you're updating :)

Also if you're in your office some time this week, I have pizza cash for you.